How to Green Your Wedding
Here’s what we’ve done to get you started:
Green Building Efficiency
- Building is repurposed
- All high efficiency electric building (no emissions from burning gas)
- Low flow toilets reduces water usage
- Parking lot is recycled blacktop & railroad ties
- LED & fluorescent lighting used to lower electrical use
- Entire building is insulated with environment friendly cellulose
- All local suppliers and contractors used
- Recycled materials used throughout
- Old farm tin decorates outside of building and toilet stalls
- Barn wood trim, entry walls and stalls
- Used doors in most places
- Recycled countertops and tile
- Interior paint and stain rescued from landfills
- The fountain is an old satellite dish!
- Garden rocks donated by a neighbor, not shipped in from miles away
Green Weddings Landscape Recycling
- Plants are grown in compost made right here on the farm from organic wedding waste
- Most plants come from friends and family who have thinned out existing beds
- The rest of the plants are sourced locally from Vinland Valley Nursery (organic nursery)
- All drought tolerant, native flora to reduce water use
- Plans for rainwater collection to water plants
- Refuse from events are recycled locally – aluminum, glass, cardboard and plastic
- Organic waste is composted for landscaping use in place of chemical fertilizers
- Large walk-in cooler can refrigerate drinks, reducing ice usage
- Cloth linens available to reduce landfill waste
- Clearly marked recycling center conveniently located for guests
- Unused food left at hall is donated to those in need
- Unwanted flowers are donated to local retirement homes
- We retain unwanted decorations for others to use
- Carbon offsets by having wedding and rehersal in one location
There are necessities and amenities to every wedding. Just because you have to have plates and napkins, or want flowers, does not mean you have to give up your green values. We have discovered many green alternatives that can still provide you with environmentally conscious and elegant options
When someone receives your plantable letter, card, invitation or gift from Botanical PaperWorks, they’ll always be reminded of you and the thought you put into connecting with them. Every time the embedded wildflowers bloom, they’ll remember you … and smile warmly.
Let’s Go Green.biz
As a company, we’re committed to making a positive difference in the world by helping spread the word about environmental awareness in the home, office and workplace. We believe the average person wants to make a difference and will make gradual lifestyle changes that are reasonable and presented in a positive manner. Our goal is to offer products we all use every day at home and at work that can be replaced with those that are kinder and gentler on the environment.
Vinland Valley Nursery
Head to Vinland Valley Nursery to hand pick sustainably grown, chemical free trees, tropicals and colorful annual planters to dress up Stony Point Hall!
We’ve got colorful pots, outdoor rugs, lanterns, umbrellas and other unique accessories to make the setting reflect your personal style. Our convenient location means you can easily choose plants and other decor on site, and we’ll deliver your rentals burning less fuel.
You have the option of purchasing any of your rentals — place a special tree near your wedding alter, then have us plant the tree in the location of your choice to commemorate your special day. Give your table decorations as gifts to friends and family.
Make An Appointment
Scheduling online is easy.