You’ve done the ceremony, the speeches, the dancing, and in most cases the drinking. You’re wrapping up and you’re tired, your feet are sore and you just want to go home. “What has to be done?” – It is the most common question we get when an event is coming to a close. Here is a list of the end of the night procedures and some tips to help you get them done easier.
- Clean all of the garbage off the tables. There are seven trash bins located in the hall during an event. Two by both exit doors leading to the ceremony area, one by the bathrooms, one by the kitchen doors and three in the kitchen. (If there are linens on the tables you may leave them as they are.)
- Once all the garbage is cleaned up the trash cans need to be emptied. We have a dumpster located north of the kitchen door. If you walk out and head straight you can’t miss it. (Garbage cans in the bathrooms do not need to be emptied.)
- All decorations you brought and food items need to be taken with you. Essentially, anything you brought needs to be gone at the end of the night unless you have made prior arrangements with the manager on hand. If you absolutely need to leave something, please speak with the manager for arrangements. We expect some vehicles to be left on the property after an event, however if it is in excess of 20 cars we ask that you move them over to the additional parking spaces.
- Any unpaid balance needs to be paid prior to leaving. This includes ice purchases for the night, rental items and any remaining balance from renting the hall. If you paid with a credit card for the down payment you may ask that we charge it to your card.
Tips to get done faster:
- When it comes to cleaning up and moving out your food or decorations it is always easiest if you ask for help while there are still guests present. An additional ten people makes all the difference.
- Make a pile of your items on a table near the door. Leave it up to the people who know whether the items are yours or rented to make the pile and let the other helpers carry it out.
- Assign tasks. Most people are looking for some way to help, but are confused as to what needs to be done. Assign your item movers, your cleaners, and your trash dumpers.
We hope you have a wonderful night with us here at Stony Point Hall.
Trackback URL: https://www.stonypointhall.com/wrapping-up/trackback/